These are the reproductive and LGBTQ-inclusive services that are restricted at Catholic hospitals:
- Birth control
- Getting your tubes tied or having a vasectomy
- Emergency treatment for excessive vaginal bleeding that involves contraceptive medications or devices
- Emergency contraception
- Safest treatment for ectopic pregnancy
- Safest treatment for miscarriage
- In-vitro fertilization and other assisted reproductive technologies
- Respecting or assisting with surrogacy agreements
- Gender-affirming care for transgender people
- Complete information and care for people with cancer or other health conditionswhose treatment could affect current or future pregnancies
- Complete prenatal genetic testing, information, and options
*This list is based on policies of Catholic-affiliated hospitals in California; it is not specific to the hospital in your area. Some Catholic-affiliated hospitals interpret Catholic restrictions differently than others, so restricted care may vary.
Now that you know, make sure others do, too.
Share this information with your loved ones.